Here’s a fruity frozen drink that’s elegant, fizzy and easy to make. To come up with this recipe, I used a frozen Raspberry Margarita margarita recipe I found online and substituted Champagne for tequila and added some pureed apples to boot. It’s really good!
- 1 cup raspberry margarita mix – or – 6 oz frozen raspberries if you don’t want the lime
- 1/2 cup finely-diced green apples, skinned
- 1.5 oz. Triple Sec (adds an orange zest and a little more alcohol)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1.5 cups Champagne or sweet Sparkling Wine
- add sugar to taste
- Place all ingredients except champagne into a blender; use a margarita machine for maximum smoothness.
- Blend until smooth
- Add champagne to top
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, lime sliver or mint leaf.